We offer a range of opportunities to empower your wellbeing.
- Weekly Community Qigong Classes: Thursdays 9-10am, Scout Den, Allenby Ave, Devonport. 10 class concession card $80, casual rate $10/class
- Healing Circle: Held on 22nd of each month. Koha or donation. View Events section of our Facebook page for time and venue.
- Private Tuition: By arrangement, $25 per person, per hour.
- Workshops: Half and Full day workshops exploring the wellbeing benefits of Wisdom Healing Qigong.
- Corporate Training Events: Qigong for health and wellbeing. Content specially tailored to meet your organisation's focus.
Koru Koha AirBnB
Book your stay with us through AirBnB at Koru Koha (New Beginning Gift) Heart of Village, Devonport . We're in the heart of historic Devonport Village on the northern shores of Auckland harbour. Only five minutes walk to the ferry, the beach or stunning views from Mt Victoria (Takuranga). We would be happy to offer additional services to our guests by arrangement.
- Laundry service: for those on the road travellers. $15 per load.
- Morning Qigong Exercises: start your day with Awaken Vitality exercises. $25/person/day for first day, then $10/person/day
- Guided walking tours: of the local Devonport area from a true local and experienced tour guide. Local history, scenery & ecology. Approx two hours $100 per person.
- Art for Sale: view our current selection of Koru Koha Creativity art pieces available for purchase.
View our array of beautiful art pieces, and bespoke furniture items. Each one is unique and inspired by life all around us. Sculptures and furniture pieces are made with a variety of recycled materials including wood and stone. You'll find that special koha (gift) you've been searching for. Or talk to us about commissioning your own special creation, or rejuvenating a treasured piece.
- Art: canvases, Maori artifacts, sculptures.
- Bespoke Furniture: creative but practical pieces
- Rejuvenate a Treasure: A well loved piece needing a revamp?
- Individual Commissions: want that extra special piece, talk to us.
We offer techniques to empower self-healing and wellbeing using the tradition of Qigong as a pathway to this end. The practices include teachings and a range of exercises joining physical, emotional and energetic elements to connect mind, heart and body. Qigong is an ancient Chinese energy healing tradition widely practised and scientifically documented to improve health. Exercises are simple and accessible, but provide a technique to circulate deeply nurturing life energy. We also look at reframing our relationship to the challenges of life through connecting with the universal source energy.
Workshops and Corporate Training events offer an introduction to Qigong as an approach to wellbeing. A range of different exercises including physical exercises, visualisations and sounds are used to offer a sample of this tradition. Seminars are tailored to the focus of the organisation involved to offer the most relevant experience for participants.
Opening Summer 2017
- Laundry: Been on the road for a while? We can offer you an overnight laundry service while you continue to relax.
- Morning Qigong Exercise: Interested in new experiences? Your host is an experienced and certified teacher of Wisdom Healing Qigong and would be pleased to offer an hour long practise session. Times by arrangement.
- Guided Walking Tours: Experience the Devonport area with a real local. Your host is an experienced tour guide, knowledgeable in local history and ecology. Approximately 2 hours, times by arrangement.
We are inspired by nature and life's experiences. Creating different pieces using a wide range of materials: canvases, sculptures, Maori inspired weapons and cloaks, back country walking sticks. Making unique pieces of furniture such as storage units, display cabinets, dining and occasional tables, repurposing old treasures to new.